Adding a CS Major
If you are not currently a Computer Science major, but would like to
add the major (as a dual or double major) or switch your major to Computer Science,
you must apply and meet at least one of the criteria below.
If you do not meet at least one of these criteria, you can apply for an exception, but you are not likely to be admitted unless there are special
Admission criteria are:
- Have taken CSCI 1200 Data Structures at Rensselaer and earned a B or higher; or
- Have taken at least two required CSCI courses beyond CSCI 1100 Computer
Science I, including CSCI 2200 Foundations of
Computer Science at
Rensselaer and have a GPA in required CSCI courses of 3.0 or higher.
If you meet at least one of the above criteria (or would still like to apply),
follow these steps:
- Complete the Undergraduate Change of Major/Change of Status Form and the Computer Science major application.
- Take these forms to Vicki Fitzgerald in Lally 203
for a signature and advisor assignment.
- Take the completed form to the Registrar's Office.
Return to main Undergraduate Program page