Checklist for New Graduate Students
By Shyam Sunder
If you are reading this, then you are a new CS grad-student. Here are some of the things you should do once you land in RPI, apart from following the other checklists that you might have got.
- Meet Terry Hayden
(518) 276-8419). Make sure your
file is up-to-date and that she knows that you are here.
- Meet your advisor. Set up an appointment to meet him/her as soon
- Make sure you attend all the orientations. You'll be given
important information regarding computing resources, location of labs,
keys to your office, access to the copier, printers etc. You'll be
introduced to key members of the staff and find out how they keep the
engine running. Enjoy your orientation luncheons!
- Check your CS emails regularly. Almost all communication is sent out
- Get a tour of the campus from an enthusiastic senior. Check out the
gyms, tennis courts, swimming pools, and basketball courts.
- RPI has a plethora of clubs, you have to take the initiative and
sign up for them. Check out
for more information. The
popular ones are the outing club and the ski club. The Annual Activities
Fair is usually the first Thursday of the fall semester.
Return to main Graduate Admissions page