Welcome to the website for the Rensselaer / CenSSIS ERC
course on image registration techniques. I (Prof. Chuck Stewart)
will be posting lecture notes, homework assignment, papers and image
data. Material will be listed in chronological order.
- Lecture 1, Tuesday, January 13:
Lecture Notes. See homework problem at
the end of the lecture notes.
- Lecture 2, Friday, January 16: Lecture Notes. There will be / was no
class meeting associated with these notes, and there is no
voice-annotation. For the most part the notes are self-explanatory.
Questions about them may be discussed in Tuesday's class or during
next week's office hours.
- Lecture 3, Tuesday, January 20: Lecture Notes. Here is Homework 2 (new version as of 1/20, fixing typos
in Questions 1 and 5).
- Lecture 4, Friday, January 23: Lecture Notes. The medical image
registration overview paper by Hill, et al. will be distributed in
class. Electronic copies are available from Prof. Stewart.
- Lecture 5, Tuesday, January 27: Lecture Notes. Here's HW 3.
- Lecture 6, Friday, January 30: Lecture Notes (updated slightly on Thurs,
Jan 29 at 1:55pm) Here's HW
HW 4 is being provided now, even though it isn't due until Monday
Feb 10. You should probably try the first few exercises before
- Lecture 7, Tuesday, February 3: Lecture Notes.
- Lecture 8, Friday, February 6: Lecture Notes.
- Lecture 9, Tuesday, February 10: Lecture Notes.
- HW 5. Due Monday, Feb 17th.
- Lecture 10, Friday, February 13: Lecture Notes.
Source code for Lecture 6-10.
- Lecture 11, Friday, February 20: Lecture Notes, CMake Lecture Notes.
- HW 6. Due Tuesday, March 2nd. Data:
Amendment: For problem 4, output the final transformation after each
call to rgrl_feature_based_registration::run(.).
- Lecture 12, Tuesday, February 24: Lecture Notes.
- rgrl source code: rgrl.tar.gz, rgrl.zip.
An example on registration of range data (not in rgrl/examples): range_data_registration.tar.gz,
- Lecture 13, Friday, February 27: Lecture Notes
- Lecture 14, Tuesday, March 2: Lecture Notes.
- Lecture 15, Friday, March 5: Lecture Notes.
- HW 7. Data: scaled_dragonStandRight_0.zip.
- Programming Project
- Lecture 16, Tuesday, March 16: Lecture Notes.
- Lecture 17, Friday, March 19: We will discuss the software toolkits
and the programming project.
- Lecture 18, Tuesday, March 23: Lecture Notes. At the end of these notes
is another suggestion for a programming project.
- Lecture 19, Friday, March 26: Class outline
- Lecture 20, Tuesday, March 30: Outline of class discussion See
assignment at the end of the notes.
- Lecture 21, Friday, April 2: NO CLASS
- Lecture 22, Tuesday, April 6: Mutual information. See
copies of papers distributed via email.
- Lecture 23, Friday, April 9: Motion-based registration.
See printed copy of papers.
- Lecture 24, Tuesday, April 13: Mosaic formations. See
papers distributed for class.
- Lecture 25, Friday, April 16: Demons algorithm. See papers
distributed for class. Here is Dr. Ibanez's lecture
- Lecture 26, Tuesday, April 20: B-Splines. Lecture Notes
- Lecture 27, Friday, April 23: FEM-Based Methods. Lecture Notes