Forwarding old CS email
Assuming all of your email is still on the server and all in your INBOX, you can use Mail Fetcher
- 1. Click on the gear in the upper right hand corner of the screen
- 2. Select Mail Settings
- 3. Click on Accounts
- 4. Click on Add a mail account you own next to "Get mail from other accounts:"
- 5. fill in something like email@example.com
- (note if you use just @cs.rpi.edu it will conflict with the gmail account)
- 6. Fill in your username and password
- 7. Make the pop server pop.cs.rpi.edu
- 8. Set the port to 995
- 9. Select options from below and then hit Add Account (Always use SSL is highly recommended)
- 10. Several minutes later you should have a pile of email in your new gmail account
has the advantage of working with Google's uploading app
. It would be good to make sure your anti-virus definitions and Windows Updates are all up to date before choosing this option.
You could use a client, such as thunderbird
, to download all of your files locally, and then after that set up your google account as well and drag things over a folder at a time if you want to keep them on a server.
You can also wait until after the email transition, log in to webmail
, and then forward the email messages you want to keep. If you have a lot of messages, this will be cumbersome, and it would probably be better to archive
your email on your computer instead.
has a different client for uploading email.