|Version 1 (modified by halleb3@…, 4 years ago)|
MPDB will contain two main "branches" of data:
1. The working data branch
- These are owned data, which will be entered under the "working data" umbrella, and be available for sharing and editing by collaborators within a project. These data can be changed only by the owner or a project member with specific privileges.
- The owner may specify which data (samples, subsamples, analyses) are to be
- Private data - viewable only by the owner (or a project member when these data are included in a project).
- Public data - viewable by anyone
2. The published data branch
- Published data appear in the database as public data with the owner "Published".
- These data are added to MetPetDB in two possible ways:
- Extraction from peer-reviewed, published manuscripts. See below.
- Added during publication of data that were already part of MetPetDB. This process results in a "published" copy of the data.