|Version 8 (modified by halleb3@…, 4 years ago)|
Projects are a way for users to share private data and to organize suites of public, private, and published data. The intent is to encourage collaboration and sharing. A project can include any published data, or private/public data owned by a project member.
Projects are established by a project manager who invites all project members. The project manager chooses the project name. Invitation is through email confirmation. Project managers and project members must be of contributor status in MetPetDB.
- May add their samples (private/public) to the project.
- May add any public samples to the project.
- May add published samples to the project.
- Have read privileges to all data in a project (view/query/download), whether is is public or private.
- May add subsamples (and all subordinate data, ie. analyses, subsample images) to any sample in the project that is owned by a project member. When a project member adds a subsample to a sample of which he/she is NOT the owner, he/she will become the owner of all of that subsample data.
- Note that data cannot be added to published samples or to public samples owned by someone not in the project.
- If the original owner removes a sample to which another project member has added a subsample, a duplicate copy of the sample information is preserved with the subsample creator as the owner. The original owner may specify which parts of the original data, beyond required fields for MetPedDB, are maintained.
- May remove from the project any samples/subsamples/analyses that he/she owns.
- May provide special access to other project member to grant read/write privileges for his/her data. See below.
Special Access Project Members
Each project member (owner) may maintain (create/change) a password which grants other project members permission to add/edit/delete data in the owner's name. The access shall occur as follows:
- A link on the project page allows the owner to specify or change he/her password for that project.
- A separate link allows a project member to log into the project with read/write privileges to the owner's data, after entering the aforementioned password.
- While logged in as the owner, the project member will see "logged in as 'owner'" displayed on the screen to clarify that any changes are to the owner's project data (in the owner's name).
- A "log out from 'owner'" button allows the project member to stop editing/adding/deleting the owner's data, and to return to "logged in as project member" status.
- The owner changing his/her password during this process (while other project members are logged in to his/her project data) will result in a loss of editing capabilities to the other project members and they will automatically be logged off of the owner's project data and returned to "logged in as project member" status.