How to Search the Database
Watch a downloadable Video Tutorial.
- By default the user can only search for public samples and samples that belong to him/her.
- Search results are displayed just as My Samples, and can be sorted by different attributes.
- Search results can be downloaded, exported to google earth (via download), or simply viewed in detail in the database.
How to Search
- Navigate to search using the navigation bar.
- Use the search bar to specify a type of criterion from given criteria.
- You may specify multiple criteria for a single search
- Criteria are displayed in a summary on the right side of the criteria bar
- When you are ready, click Search button
- Results can be exported as
- .tsv spreadsheet
- .kml google earth file
- Notes on viewing search results.
- Rock Type
- User may specify multiple rock types for searching
- Metamorphic Grade
- User may specify multiple metamorphic grade/facies
- Specific region/country OR
- latitude-longitude/map area selection (see below for instructions)
- Minerals Present
- Specify ranges of specified elements or oxides in a particular mineral
- Provenance of data/samples e.g.:
- Sample owner(s) for samples in shared projects
- Sample Number(s) - A portion of a sample number may be searched by adding a "*" after the partial number
- References (Georef Accesstion number, or COMING SOON, alphabetical by author's last name or year)
- Public versus priavte data