Welcome to CSC4380 Database Systems
Information on Software Use and Installation for This Class
Ruby on Rails Tutorials on This Wiki
- Learning Ruby on Rails (Tutorial for version 2.3)
- Tutorial 1, version 2.3 explores the model/view/controller architecture, introduces sessions and forms.
- Tutorial 2, version 2.3 explores database backed models, migrations and some data validation.
- Tutorial 3, version 2.3 explores CRUD (create, read, update and delete), more on sessions and adding data to your tables.
- Tutorial 4, version 2.3 explores filters, flash and working with multiple classes of objects.
Resources for Learning Ruby on Rails
- Some other useful Rails and Ruby related links (courtesy of Thomas Henry)
- Instructor: Sibel Adali, adalis at rpi.edu, Office Hours: Monday 4 PM - 6 PM, Wednesday 3 PM - 5 PM (Lally 313)
- Class TA: Xiaohui Lu, lux3 at rpi.edu, Office Hours: Tuesday 4 PM - 6 PM, Thursday 12 PM - 2 PM (Amos Eaton 204)
Older Course Material -not used anymore
Tutorials below are the old version from the previous year.
- Learning Ruby on Rails (Tutorial below is for Rails 1.2.3, there are differences between the current version and this one, so beware)
- Tutorial 1 explores the model/view/controller architecture, introduces sessions and forms.
- Tutorial 2 explores the use of database tables in the models.
- Tutorial 3 explores sessions and brief introduction to access methods for database objects.
- Tutorial 4 explores filters, flash and working with multiple classes of objects.
- Tutorial 5 explores tables with foreign keys and the find method.
- Tutorial 6 explores unit testing. This is a very rudimentary introduction for a large topic in itself.
CourseWeb/CSCI4380 Web Utilities