Building dvc3d for linux
- a few linux packages need to be installed before dvc3d can be built
- build_essentials, python3.1 (must be installed from source on Ubuntu 12.04), libsamplerate(dev)(more might need to be added to this list)
$ Source code
$ Path solver
$ Use cmake to generate makefile
- cd build_linux
- ccmake ..
- Note: path to Python3.1 must be set manually
$ The options should look as follows
$ Run make to build the package
- make -j5 (-j5 means using up to 5 threads for compiling)
Building dvc3d for windows
All the software I used was 32 bit.
Microsoft Visual Studio 2008
1) Download the source code of the tool :
( around 88 MB, ~300 MB uncompress )
2) Uncompress it to anywhere. You should see a sub directory named blender in the root one.
3) Download all dependent libraries of Blender from here:
You will need to choose the right platform and a SVN client to download them
Once done, you should have in your root directory:
- blender <- all files from blender.zip in my website
- lib <- create this folder
- windows <-- for windows 32 bit. Don't try to use windows 64 bit yet because it's not stable
4) download dVC3d dependent: dVC3d only need pathlib from
You will need to get a license from
to unlock its
5) Move windows into lib, extract pathlib and move it to lib/windows/pathlib
Then now you pretty much have what I have in my dev computer. dVC3d +
Blender tool uses CMake to set up.
Needed to add these files to the C:\Windows\System32 folder: