About My Work
I am the Manager of Student Affairs for the
Computer Science Department at
Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute.
What does a Manager of Student Affairs do? I answer all sorts of
questions from prospective and current students. I focus more
on the graduate program,
but I am also happy to help undergraduates.
Some of the things I do include:
- Assist students with administrative processes. Help
incoming and new graduate students find their way.
- Manage graduate admissions processes.
- Organize graduate student orientation,
semiannual review of students, mixers, and
- Host visiting prospective graduate students.
- Assign advisors, keys, student offices, and graduate TA positions.
- Advise undergraduates about graduate school
admissions (applying to RPI or elsewhere)
- Manage student records.
on department's Graduate Curriculum
and Graduate Admissions Committees.
- Update web pages and print publications.