CSCI6969: Fall 2019 Computer Science Graduate Skills Seminar
- Instructor: Mohammed J. Zaki (email@example.com) and Lirong Xia (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Time: Wed 10 am-10:50 am
- Location: Amos Eaton 215
- Must sign up on campusopra.cs.rpi.edu in the beginning of each class.
- must use RPI wifi or VPN (mobile network does not work)
- login to campusopra.cs.rpi.edu (NOT opra.cs.rpi.edu) use your RCS ID/Password
- click "Classes" tab on the top
- you should see the attendance button for the class. If not, check 1. if you logged in to campusopra (not opra.cs.rpi.edu), 2. if you see the class (if not, it means that you have never taken attendance before so that you are not in the system---talk to Lirong).
- contact Lirong if you encounter any difficulty
Schedule (subject to change)
||What is Research? By Mohammed Zaki. Slides.
||Reading Papers. By Alex Gittens. Slides.
||Giving Talks. By Elliot Anshelevich.
|| No class, thanksgiving.
Graduate Student Speakers
Past course websites
RPI's Center for Global Communication+Design (Comm+D)
- Free service to RPI community for help in writing
- Open house for RPI graduate students: Wed. Oct 9 4-5 pm, Folsom Library Lower Level.
CRA-W workshops on Graduate Skills (look for slides under different workshops and cohort programs)
UToronto Graduate Skills seminar
How to do good research and get it published and cited (Eamonn Keogh)
Critical Questions for Research Proposals (a.k.a. Heilmeier questions)