CSCI 1200 - Fall 2009
GradingYour final grade in this class combines your performance on the lab exercises, homeworks, and exams as follows:
Lab AssignmentsThere will be a total of 14 labs, one each week. Labs are graded on a scale of 0-3, depending on the amount and quality of work completed. Labs are designed so that students who work diligently can earn all 3 points. Students must attend their assigned lab sections unless prior permission has been given (see Schedule). Lab instructions and a subset of the lab problems will be posted on the course website on Tuesday after lecture. Additional problems will be distributed at the start of the lab. Students should bring their laptop, their reference textbook, and recent lecture notes to lab. Internet access during labs is restricted to lab file downloads only. Reading or sending email, instant messenges, text messages, cell phone use, playing video games, etc. is disallowed during lab. Students who violate the policy will receive a 0 for the lab and be asked to leave.
HomeworksThere will be 9 or 10 homework assignments. Homework assignments will be made available via the course web site just before the previous assignment is due. Assignments will be submitted electronically and are due on Thursdays by 11:59pm. See the Homework page and Programming Tips page for more information.
ExamsThree tests will be given during the semester, with 5% of the semester average assigned for the worst test grade (for each individual student) and 15% for each of the other two. The cumulative final, given during finals week, will be worth 20%.
Note: We will not provide a makeup exam unless the absence is excused by the Dean of Students.