Some videos of me presenting various and sundry
A number of videos of my presentations are available throughout
Youtube - you can find these
search (but note that some of these aren't me, especially those
of tennis player Tamaryn Hendler who is no relation, but much better
looking than I am). You can also find these via a general video
this one through Google .
That includes the following
Talks and Slides
As of Jan 2012, I have stopped maintaining the list below and am uploading new talks to slideshare.net - see jahendler's presentations on Slideshare.
Some of these are currently only
available in Powerpoint(TM). The more recent ones are in HTML or PDF where the tools are available for free, sorry about the earlier ones.
- [in ppt]Semantic Web: 10 year update a talk at WIMS11 in Norway, updates my 2010 status talk.[~15MB]
- [In PDF] A light look at LayerCake, a humorous dinner speech (in rhyme) presented at the 2009 Dagstuhl Semantic Web conference (#swdag2009 on twitter).
- [In PPT]Engineering the Future Web My 15 slides for a 5 minute Pecha Kuchatalk at the World Economic Forum - Meeting of the New Champions in Dalian China (Sept 2009) -note: this is about a 12M file.
- [In PDF]The Semantic Web: Lighter, Faster, Easier my keynote from the International Conference on Web Engineering (ICWE-2009) - an extended version of the Dev Day talk below. From June, 2009.
- [In PDF] Faster, Lighter, Easier my 2009 Developers Day talk from WWW2009 (longer version coming later in '09) - the latest in the "a little semantics goes a long way" series of talks.
- [in PDF]Where are all the Intelligent Agents? Presented at IADIS 2008 - a challenge to the agents community.
- [in PDF}Research Challenges At the Oxford Sumemr School, 2008, I presented a variant of the talk below, and added some research challenges that arise from the new view of ontologies on the Web. These are the slides with those challenges.
- [in PDF]Minds and Society Summer School 2008 , an attempt at showing why "informal" ontologies are crushing formal ontologies in practice, and why this is a good and interesting thing.
- [in PDF]Semantic Technology 2008: Fellowship of the (Semantic) Web - The Two Towers. A talk about how different models of ontology are causing great confusion on the Semantic Web.
- [in PDF]SW@5:Current Status and Future Promise of the Semantic Web. Joint keynote by me and Ora Lassila at the 2006 Semantic Technologies Conference.
- [in PDF] From Atoms to OWLs: The new ecology of the WWW my keynote talk from XML 2005. Discusses the opportunity for cooperation between XML and the Semantic Web (RDF, RDFS, OWL). (Nov 15, 2005)
- [in PDF] Knowledge is Power: the view from the Semantic Web Robert Engelmore Memorial Lecture delivered at AAAI 2005, July, 2005. An explanation of the Semantic Web aimed at the applied AI community.
- [in PDF] Science and the Semantic Web, a talk on the relation between Sem Web technologies and the practice of science. This version is from a talk at Harvard in December, 2005.
- [in PDF] The Policy Aware Web Presented at Ohio State University January 2005, and other venues thereafter.
- [in PPT] Introduction to the Semantic Web Presented at various meetings summer 2004 (last update July 2004).
- [in HTML] On
Beyond Ontology Keynote from International Semantic Web Conference - Florida, USA - Oct, 2003. (Html slides - thanks to Mike Dean).
- [in PDF]Keynote talk from UK E-science All hands
meeting: this is a talk about the Semantic Web and its potential
for enpowering scientists and creating new interdisciplinary
methodologies - also some challenges to grid computing (Semantic Grid as it's called in the UK). It extends the ideas presented in Science and the Semantic
Web. (September, 2003)
- Some older talks
- Short talk from ASIST 02:This is a short
set of slides which gives a quick overview of the Web Ontology
Language (OWL) and some possibilities for the future use of Semantic
Web technologies. It updates some of the slides in the more generic
talk (listed below). November, 2002.
- Introducing the Semantic Web: This is
the base set of slides from which I generally base my talks. Last
updated - August 2002.
- Talk presented
at Knowledge Representation 2002This talk is aimed at an
Artificial Intelligence audience - it explains how the Semantic Web
will change the face of AI as it makes it relevant to the world
at large. (April 2002)
- Knowledge Acquisition on the Semantic Web: This talk was presented at the European Knowledge Acquisition Workshop (Oct 2002).
- [in PDF] Symposium on Knowledge Environments for Science was held at the National Science Foundation in November, 2002. These are my slides from my panel presentation on the Semantic Web for e-Science.