Pallavi of the capital District 2007 - 11th Glorious Year
The Year 2008's activities can be found in
Pallavi of the Capital District wishes you a very Happy 2007. Our concert
season starts this April.
- Newsletter 1 January 13 (in word txt)
- Newsletter 2, Dated June 2007 (in Microsoft txt format)
- Summer Newsletter, Dated July 2007 (in Microsoft txt format)
- November 18 (Sunday) 4:00 pm Vocal Concert by Malladi Brothers Concert Poster and Artists's Bio
- November 3 (Saturday) 6-9:00 pm Hindustani Vocal Concert by Kaivalya Kumar
Concert Poster AT RPI Academy Hall Auditorium.
for further details contact Dr. Nalini Madiwale.
- Sat, Oct 20th - Sharad Sangeeta Utsav: Program from 2 to 6 PM.
Individual presentations no longer then 6 minutes per adult and 5 minutes per
children are welcome. Contact Vidya for more information.
Hindu Temple, Albany Contact: Vidya and Janaki
- September 29, Saturday : Carnatic music workshop on Basics of Music theory,
Singing techniques and Music appreciation to be conducted by Janaki
Krishnamoorthy, Shivkumar Kalyanaraman and Vidya Subramanian. Free and
open to All. Venue: Mothers, RPI, 3-6 pm
at Mother Emporium, RPI Union, Troy, NY Contact: Vidya
- October 6, Saturday : Madurai Sundar 3 PM, RPI Academy Hall Auditorium, Troy Artists Bio and Direction Contact: Raghavachari and Shivkumar Kalyanaraman
- September 23, Sunday :Maharajapuram Ramachandran. 3 PM RPI Academy Hall Auditorium, Troy, Articts Bio and Direction Contact:
Janaki Krishnamoorthy and Shivukmar Kalyanaraman
- September 16, Sunday at 5:00 pm: Shakir Khan , Hindusthani Sitar concert .
Contact: Dr. Nalini Madiwale in Dr. Madiwale's residence.
- Date: Saturday May 5
Co Sponsor and Venue; Hindu Temple Albany
450 Albany Shaker Road, Loudonville
8.00-9.15 AM: Regular Saturday morning Prayer
9.15-10.15 AM: Group rendering of Pancharatna Kritis
10.15 AM: ARADHANA
10.30-2.00 PM Individual presentations of Thyagaraja Kritis
(with Lunch in between)
3 PM: Flute concert by SHASHANK AND PARTY
- Dhrupad concert by Pandit Uday
Bhawalkar THIS SUNDAY March 25 at 7 PM at the Steamer 10
Theater, 500 Western Ave. in Albany. Tickets: Patron: $100 (3
tickets); Sponsor $50 (2 tickets); General admission: $15;
Other Concerts in the area
- September 14, Friday Odissi Dance by Aloka Kanungo 7-8:30 PM at RPI Chapel and Cultural Center. Please contact UPAC, 518-276-6505 RPI for further details.
- September 22: Saturday Odissi Dance and Workshop by Aloka Kanungo at the Hindu Temple, Loudonville, NY. For further detail please contact Uma Samdar 518-279-9536 or 215-820-5480.
- July 1, 2007:Star vocalist Meeta Pandit In Concert
Ashis Sengupta on Tabla
Kailashchandra Patra on Violin
On Sunday July 1, 2007 at 6 pm
At their residence: 2002 Philomena Drive, Schenectady NY, 12303
Please become a member if you are not one already. Membership form (in txt format) . Please supoort and sustain music and
dance from India.
GE Matching Gift
If you have any questions please contact Moorthy
Thanks to the efforts of Sri. Narayan and Shanta Nair, Pallavi is
awarded GE Matching Gift Program this year. Please take a look
at Requirements and contribute
generously to sustain this grant.
- Directions for GE Matching Gift
Dr. Suresh Rajaraman has prepared the following document for GE people
to make their gift known to GE so that GE can make a matching contribution.
GEmatching directions .
Next Years activities can be foud in
Last Years Activities can be found in