OpenGL/glut Installation Tips
Here are basic installation instructions to get you started.
Please share any installation/compilation instructions you have for
your specific environment.
Using Ubuntu (or another Debian system)
On Debian, you will need the following packages:
Open up a terminal and type:
apt-get install libglut3-dev glutg3-dev freeglut3-dev
Notes for Fedora Core users
On Fedora Core you need to install:
yum install freeglut freeglut-devel
rpm -ivh freeglut-*
or download the rpm files and use:
rpm -i freeglut-*
Using Visual Studio
Please see these detailed instructions by Chris
Wyman at University of Iowa.
Using Dev C++
- Click "Go To Download Page"
- Download from SourceForge
- Once program is installed and set up, go to Tools/Check for Updates/Packages
- Choose Community Devpacks in the drop down menu
- Find and download the FreeGlut, glut, OpenGL and OpenGlut packages
- Once the download and installation (all automatic) are complete, choose a
- Under the MultiMedia tab, choose FreeGlut.
- You're all set. Start coding!