CSCI 1200 - Fall 2006
Computer Science II
  Contact Information


Course Overview


  Lab Times
  Office Hours

  Lecture notes
  Lab materials
  Test reviews

  Web Resources
  Drop in Tutoring

Academic Integrity

  Due Date and Time
  Late Day Policy
  Electronic Submission

Programming Tips

C++ Development
  Dev C++

Other Information


Your final grade in this class combines your performance on the lab exercises, homeworks, and exams as follows:
  • Labs: 15%
  • Homeworks: 30%
  • Tests: 35%
  • Final: 20%
All components of the class are graded on a curve. We will give approximate grade breakdowns as the course progresses so you may gauge your performance.

Lab Assignments

There will be a total of 14 labs, essentially one each week. Labs are graded on a scale of 0-3, depending on the amount and quality of work completed. Labs are designed so that students who work diligently can earn all 3 points. Students must attend their assigned lab sections unless prior permission has been given (see Schedule). Lab instructions and a subset of the lab problems will be posted on the course website on Tuesday after lecture. Additional problems will be distributed at the start of the lab. Students should bring their laptop, the Koenig and Moo textbook, and recent lecture notes to lab. Internet access during labs is restricted to CS2 lab file downloads only.


There will be 9 homework assignments. Homework assignments will be made available via the course web site just before the previous assignment is due. Assignments will be submitted electronically and are due on Thursdays by 11:59pm. See the Homework page and Programming Tips page for more information.


Three tests will be given during the semester, with 5% of the semester average assigned for the worst test grade (for each individual student) and 15% for each of the other two. The cumulative final, given during finals week, will be worth 20%. Students must have an overall passing average on exams in order to pass the course.

Note: We will not provide a makeup exam unless the absence is excused by the Dean of Students.