What's new in the poetry pages
- May 14, 1997.
A large collection from the book
SELECTED POEMS OF FAZIL HUSNU
DAGLARCA has been added to the pages today. It contains
translations of Daglarca's poems by Talat Sait Halman and an
introduction to Daglarca's poetry by Yasar Nabi Nayir.
The site feautures Turkish originals and English translations
of poems standing side by side.
Even though words cannot express my appreciation for the efforts
Mr. Zahir Antia put into bringing this collection to the pages, I will
put a simple thank you note here.
- Dec 2, 1996.
Ozkan Mert proudly joins the English
I have added two new translations of poems by Ozkan Mert.
- Feb 24, 1996.
- Please read the great additions to the translation pages.
I have added poems to the following pages:
Umit Yasar Oguzcan,
- Feb 18, 1996.
- I have added four new translation of poems by
- Jan 15, 1996.
- After a long breath, I am back to the translation pages. In
the meantime, I hope you have visited the
pages with a Turkish accent. As a beginning, I have added
Kaan Ozbayrak's poems to the pages.
More great poetry coming shortly.
- Apr 23, 1995.
- A small collection of poems are added to
the pages. The poems
span a time period from the 13th century to early 20th century. For
- Apr 12, 1995.
- Translations of Ozdemir Asaf's
poems are added to the pages.
- Apr 10, 1995.
- Just mark your calendars for the addition of the book
I, Orhan Veli.
- Apr 9, 1995.
- Beautiful translations by Talat Sait Halman of poems by
Melih Cevdet Anday
have been added to the pages.
- What was new in 1994?
Back to the general Turkish poetry homepage