Homework Late Policy
Final Project Report
Like the midterm, you will present your final project through both
an in class presentation and a written document suitable for posting
on the course webpage. Both the presentation and the written document
should clearly describe:
- The motivation and audience for your visualization. What are the
goals you hope to achieve with your visualiation?
- Bibliography and complete description of related work, data
sources, and other inspiration or background material. (Use proper
- Visualization Design Evolution. What was your initial idea for
the visualization, what did you hypothesize to present or discover in
the data? How did the design change as you worked on the
visualization? Include intermediate screenshots and examples of the
- What feedback did you get on the design from other people?
(How well do these people match your target audience?) How did your
visualization design or implementation change based on this feedback?
How could this visualization continue to evolve beyond this course
- Description of the core features and technical implementation
details. What visualization packages or other pre-existing code did
you leverage? What algorithms or data structures did you implement?
- How you spent your time in working on the assignment, and for
team projects, who did what.
- Include a representative 200x200 pixel image (thumbnail.png or
thumbnail.jpg) with your submission for the project index page (for
advanced graphics projects). All projects reports will be posted
online by default. If you do not want your project report posted
online please send the instructor an email.
Target Visualization Stage: all!
How to Submit
Each student should submit a plaintext README.txt (using the provided
template), the report, the 200x200 thumbnail image, the source code
written by you for this project (not necessary to include libraries
written by others), and any data (if the data is large, just include a
sample) to the homework server (homework
Assignment Due: Tuesday April 24th, 11:59pm